3.21.2010

Thing Numero 7

Wikis....how fun! :) I loved the video first of all. That guy has a way of explaining things that makes it all seem very clear! I love it.

I can envision using Wikis in the future for planning things like Red Ribbon Week or Jump Rope for Heart/Hoops for Heart. Teachers can make a list of the things we'll need for snacks or drinks on a Wiki and as parents decide what they want to bring in, they can edit the Wiki and move things from one column to the next and so on. Somewhat like the video showed...well, exactly like the video showed. ;)

I can also envision student groups using it to coordinate projects. For example, my students are writing up a dramatization for a Social Studies skit. To organize who is bringing what props, costumes, etc., they can use a Wiki.

I'm not so sure I see much difference between Googledocs and Wikis except that you can create extra pages/links attached. I'm sure I'll see more differences as I become more in tune with each of them.

I'm really digging the whole Wiki idea...any other suggestions?

0 comments: